Why Choose The University of Law (ULaw)?
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
- Courses are taught by qualified lawyers. Students will also benefit from practical training other than just theoretical teaching
- Access to a number of opportunities to work on cases while studying
- UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 70,000 members, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong, Malaysia, England and Wales
- Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
- Close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
Flexible Study Options
- Both part-time and full-times options are available
- Part-time: 1 weekday night + Sunday morning
- Full-time: 4 half days a week
- A number of experts providing one-to-one support for Legal Career and employability service
About MA Law
The MA Law programme is designed for law or non-law graduates aiming to gain a legal qualification at Master’s level. Students aiming for the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) are welcome to apply for the course as it allows students to progress onto the Legal Practice Course (LPC) or Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
The structured course is taught by qualified lawyers with lectures and practical workshops, and with online resources and learning tools to develop students’ legal skills.
The GDL is an alternative to the MA Law and is ideal for non-law graduates who wish to work as a solicitor or barrister.
|Compulsory online pre-course study on Legal Method (50 Hours)||30-minute multiple choice question open book exam|
|Public Law||Closed-book, three-hour exam (Answer 3 questions from a choice of 6 in each exam, a passing score of 50% on each module is required)|
|European Union Law|
|Equity & Trusts|
|Legal Research and Independent Project||6,000 words legal essay for the Independent Project|
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a second class honours (upper division) or above or equivalent.
English Proficiency: An English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor's degree fully in English may be exempted from the English Language proficiency requirement.
HK$ 120,000 (by installments)
Application fee for full-time students on LawCabs: UK£20 (Approximately HK$200, Non-refundable)
Please note that non-local students can only undertake the full-time courses. Part-time study is not permitted due to Hong Kong Immigration Department regulations.
Routes to become Lawyers
"I found the course structure and teaching at ULaw immensely pragmatic which sets you up as a very competent lawyer."
Ms. Jessie Leung
Online LPC graduate
Solicitor (England and Wales)
|Ms Fion Sze|
For enrolment and general enquiries, you may also contact the Student Service Department on 2774 8500.
The University of Law is the course operator and awarding body of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Individual Consultation Appointment
Search for Courses
Arrangements for Adverse Weather Conditions
Opening Hours and Arrangements for Mid-Autumn Festival
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details