Doctor of Business Administration
SBS Swiss Business School, Switzerland
14 Dec 2018
SBS's Global Ranking & Reputation
- "SBS DBA program has been ranked #18 (Global DBA Rankings, EURO 2018 by European Economic Committee)"
- Global 250 Business School (Ranked as a Superior Business School for Research and Employability by QS 2017)
- Double accredited by ACBSP and IACBE
- Most Innovative Business School in Switzerland (European CEO Global Business Education Awards Winner)
- Best Remote Learning Program in Europe (European CEO Global Business Education Awards Winner)
Double Degrees Awarded
- Candidates who satisfactorily complete the coursework phase will be awarded with Master of Applied Business Research and continue to the research phase
- On satisfactory completion of the research phase and pass the oral defense will be awarded the DBA
Flexible Study Mode
- The DBA program is an integrated coursework and research program through part-time study
- Coursework component consists of 8 courses for the first year and lecture seminars will be held over the weekend
- Completion time is 2.5 years, maximum completion time is up to 5 years
- On satisfactory completion of the coursework units, candidates enter the research phase where they undertake individual, supervised research project for the dissertation (40,000 to 50,000 words)
Same SBS Swiss Business School Award
- Graduates will be awarded the DBA degree by SBS Swiss Business School, which has the same academic standing and recognition as the qualification in Switzerland
High Level of Student Service Support
- Dual administrative support from HKMA in Hong Kong and SBS in Switzerland
About SBS Swiss Business School
SBS Swiss Business School is a pioneering management institution dedicated to preparing students for the careers of the global economy in International Management, Finance, Marketing and other fields. SBS is a quality-driven niche player.
SBS teaches state of the art theory, immerse students in international experiences, and connect them to best practice in business. Participants in SBS programs learn much more than management theory and practice; they acquire new ways of thinking that can profoundly change their lives and the success of their organization.
SBS is a unique institution for several reasons:
- International to the core
- An internationally double accredited institution you can trust
- Corporate connections
SBS is truly focused on the world. From a unique introductory course in the undergraduate program to an advanced course in the Doctor of Business Administration program, the SBS experience is thoroughly international. More than half of SBS students come from Europe, Asia and Latin America. SBS offers its participants an experience that prepares them to operate with ease across borders and cultures - in an environment that prizes diversity and the ability to bring a worldwide perspective to the study of business.
Impressive Learning Outcomes
The end result of going through this rigorous DBA means you develop not only cutting-edge knowledge and expertise, but you could also establish sound capabilities in management consulting, in-company action research as well as, academic research leading to publication of work in internationally acclaimed refereed journals.
- Management Research Perspectives
- Information Technologies for Business Research
- Global Environments and Management Trends
- Critique Analysis of Research
- Contemporary Management
- Research Methods in Business & Management
- Management Research Design & Methodologies
- Preparation and Presentation of a Research Proposal
- Doctoral Research Project
- Literature Review
- Submission of Dissertation
- Oral Defense
Mode of Study
All DBA courses will be conducted through intensive seminar teaching mode. Lecture seminars will be held over the weekend.
Accreditation of SBS Swiss Business School
|For course details:|
|Vivian Lee:||2774 8596|
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
HK$ 240,000 ([+ Application Fee HK$250] The total fee HK$240,000 is to be collected in 10 instalments over two and a half years. *Year 1: HK$37,500 per instalment of 4; Year 2: HK$15,000 per instalment of 4; Year 3- half year only: HK$15,000 per instalment of 2)
Applicants seeking admission to the DBA program shall normally hold:
- An MBA degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or equivalent; or
- A master degree in other disciplines, or equivalent, from an approved university or equivalent;
- Substantial experience at executive/management level. All DBA candidates must be able to demonstrate their education and/or professional performance to undertake research at a doctoral level. They should be able to show success in their career to date and document how the DBA program fits into their personal or career plans for the future;
- All DBA candidates must have a sound command of English language, spoken & written, as evidenced by the criteria (Having completed a Masters degree in English); or
- Submit proof of having achieved an IELTS score of 7 or higher.
The final decision concerning the eligibility, acceptability of qualifications and research areas for the DBA Program rests with Swiss Business School.
Candidates who are interested in the programme are most welcomed to submit the application form and required documents to the local SBS DBA secretariat on or before the stated deadline.