Hong Yip Service Company Limited|
Wins Grand Award of the 2018 HKMA Quality Award
Results of the annual HKMA Quality Award, one of the most prestigious business awards in Hong Kong, were proudly announced by Dr Y K Pang GBS JP, Chairman of the Quality Award Organizing Committee and Deputy Chairman of The Hong Kong Management Association, during the Award Presentation Ceremony held today (Friday, 20 July 2018) at the InterContinental Hong Kong.
Hong Yip Service Co Ltd was awarded the Grand Award in recognition of its strong commitment and distinguished achievement in total quality management. Anlev Elex Elevator Ltd was awarded the Excellence Award; and the Merit Award went to LF Logistics (Hong Kong) Ltd while the Special Award for established and medium enterprises went to Central Business Information Ltd; Design Information Centre; and New World Facilities Management Company Ltd.
Following are some brief but specific comments on each winner:
GRAND AWARD WINNER:
Hong Yip Service Company Limited
Hong Yip has demonstrated effective and systematic approaches responsive to the overall requirements of the award criteria without significant gaps in major areas. New initiatives are in place to promote and internalize technology-driven strategic direction. Senior leaders are passionate in fostering innovation, and perform well in serving their customers, promoting the digital culture, engaging employees and leading the company to be the best property and facilities management company in Asia.
Anlev Elex Elevator Limited
Anlev strives to create a safe work environment and product offering with various initiatives. A comprehensive tailor-made software system is in place to enable ongoing monitoring and timely sharing of information between staff. In sustaining with its commitment to safety and quality, Anlev has demonstrated effectiveness in leadership, innovation and operational framework, offering service support in a coherent approach, and obtained the highest rating in safety and quality from Electrical and Mechanical Services Department for five consecutive years.
LF Logistics (Hong Kong) Limited
LF Logistics is committed to delivering fast, reliable and cost-effective logistics solutions to customers. It has a comprehensive governance system in reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, which is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations both globally and locally. The company makes good use of the centralized Warehouse Management System and Supply Chain Analytics for data-driven analysis, mathematical optimization and collaboration to support decision making, as well as provides practical solutions for the customers.
SPECIAL AWARD FOR ESTABLISHED AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES:
Central Business Information Limited
CBI has a structured and well-developed business process protocol, backed up by the purpose-built "Business Hub" which links the communication between frontline staff members and back-office support. With its cloud-based information system and well-trained staff force, CBI is able to carry out its business investigations and research efficiently, and thus achieving a very high year-on-year revenue and profit growth in the past years.
Design Information Centre
DIC is a well-structured company operated by an efficient operation team. Workforce is stable and working environment is enhanced by the family-like culture in the company. The company also has an open culture and supports innovation. Apart from the business aspects, DIC also contributes to society by participating in different voluntary services and providing sponsorship to charities, qualifying itself as a socially responsible enterprise.
New World Facilities Management Company Limited
Embracing the mission of youth development, NWFMs vision is to develop Youth Square as the focal point of Hong Kong`s territory-wide youth development activities and to cultivate the social responsibility of the new generation. Family-friendly practices are in place to support a work-life balance culture. The organization is also certified with management system ISO9001:2015 and received numerous awards related to customer service, hostel management, employer`s recognition and corporate social responsibility respectively.
Introduction of the HKMA Quality Award:
The Association introduced the annual Quality Award in 1991 to give recognition to those companies in Hong Kong which have made a lasting commitment to quality and also to provide an opportunity for companies to share with one another their experience in Total Quality Management. This year marks the 27th Anniversary of the HKMA Quality Award.
Members of the Panel of Judges include:
- Mr James Thompson GBS, Chairman, Crown Worldwide Group (Chairman);
- Mr Guy Bradley, Chief Executive, Swire Properties Ltd;
- Mr Helmuth Hennig, Group Managing Director, Jebsen & Co Ltd;
- Mr Herbert Hui, Managing Director, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Ltd;
- Mr Patrick Lee, Executive Vice President, North East Asia & Australasia, Intertek Testing Services;
- Mr Lincoln Leong, Chief Executive Officer, MTR Corporation Ltd;
- Mr Stephen Leung; Country Manager, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Ltd;
- Dr Y K Pang GBS JP, Deputy Managing Director, Jardine Matheson Ltd;
- Mr Wan Chi Tin, Managing Director, The HongKong Electric Co Ltd; and
- Mr Michael Wu, Chairman & Managing Director, Maxim`s Caterers Ltd.
Members of Board of Examiners include:
- Professor Matthew Yuen, Professor Emeritus, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Chairman);
- Mr Frankie Cheng, Senior Manager, Quality Assurance, Synergis Management Services Ltd;
- Mr Eric Chow, General Manager - Corporate Treasury & Financing, The Hong Kong and China Gas Co Ltd;
- Mr Charles Ho, Manager - Global Training, MTR Corporation Ltd;
- Mr Peter Jung, Executive Director, Milton Exhibits Group;
- Ms Katherine Lau, General Manager, Corporate Quality and Sustainability, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Ltd;
- Dr Brenda Lee, Founder & Director, Gold Rank Consultants Ltd;
- Ms Ivy Leung, Head of Human Resources & Administration, Octopus Holdings Ltd;
- Mr Teddy Liu, General Manager - Corporate and Talent Development, New World Development Company Ltdd;
- Ms Louisa Tam, Director, Business Operations, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Ltd; and
- Mr Rex Wong, Executive Director & Deputy CEO, Kum Shing Group.
Members of the 2018 Award Organizing Committee include:
- Dr Y K Pang GBS JP, Deputy Managing Director, Jardine Matheson Ltd (Chairman);
- Ms Agnes Chan, Managing Partner, Hong Kong and Macau EY;
- Ms Shirley Chan, Managing Director, Hong Kong & Macau JCDecaux Transport;
- Ms Alice Ip, Executive Director, Sino Land Company Ltd;
- Mr Brian M B Li, JP, Executive Director & Deputy Chief Executive, The Bank of East Asia, Ltd;
- Mr Perry Mak, Managing Director and Executive Director, Publisher, Hong Kong Economic Times;
- Mr Paul Poon, Vice Chancellor-CLP Power Academy, CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd; and
- Ir Ben Wong, Chief Operating Officer, Hong Kong Airlines Ltd.
Lead Award Sponsors:
- AMOREPACIFIC (Hong Kong) Co Ltd
- Maxim`s Group
- Swire Pacific Ltd
- The Dairy Farm Company, Limited - Wellcome
- Hong Kong Economic Times (Holdings) Ltd
- The Hong Kong and China Gas Co Ltd
- The Hongkong Electric Co Ltd
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- The Kowloon Motor Bus Co (1933) Ltd
- Manfield Coatings Co Ltd
- Metro Broadcast Corporation Ltd
- Sino Land Co Ltd
- Synergis Management Services Ltd
Document Management Sponsor:
- Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Ltd
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
- CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd
- Crown Worldwide Group
- Intertek Testing Services
- MTR Corporation Ltd
For more information, please visit the website of the HKMA Quality Award at: www.hkma.org.hk/qa.
For enquiries on the Award, please contact Ms Fion Sze on 2774 8504.
* * * * *
Issued by The Hong Kong Management Association on Friday, 20 July 2018
|For press enquiries, please contact:
|Ms Sunnie Ma, Senior Manager
||Tel: 2774 8579 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ms Tammy Au, Administrative Officer
||Tel: 2826 0538 / Email: email@example.com
|Ms Krystal Yeung, Senior Executive Officer
||Tel: 2774 8547 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org